Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Review of NuWave Oven


YES! It arrived today. I had spent the morning cleaning the kitchen to make room for my new "toy". I had been researching this appliance for about a month so I knew it was good sized. I saw some reviews/comments about the new owner being "so surprised" at the size. I practically lunched myself at the UPS guy when he arrived!

THE NUWAVE OVEN PRO combines the power of convection, infrared, and conduction cooking.

I also ordered the pizza kit and the extender ring kit. When I use these items I will do a review of them also. Right now I just want to do the basic.

What to cook??? I decided on a roasted chicken with veggies. I kid you not..in 1 hour and 15 min I had an awesome dinner on the table and my kitchen stayed cool! That is a big plus this time of year..I hate to run the oven. And to roast a chicken would have been minimum of 2 hours and 30 min. and a grumpy cook.

I took a 4 lb chicken, rubbed it with a bit of olive oil & seasoned it. Cooked it breast side down for 30 minutes. I cut up potatoes and carrots, tossed them with a bit of olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper & rosemary. I flipped the chicken over, surrounded it with veggies and cooked it for another 40 min.

The chicken was moist, the skin was brown and crispy. The roasted veggies were very tasty! While I put dinner on the table, I slipped a clean rack in the NuWave oven and put some sliced bread on it. It toasted just a bit and was very good.

I cannot wait to try other things. It came with a very handy, laminated cooking chart that I can keep handy with out having to get the book out all of the time. The recipe book looks very good too. EVERYTHING is dishwasher safe except for the top cooking piece that has the cord. I think that might be the part Hubby likes best..lol This will be a very healthy way of cooking too.

The extender ring will allow me to cook a turkey in it! Awesome! And I want to try fish and steaks. I can even cook eggs in it!

So far, I am extremely pleased. Add Image

1 comment:

  1. Netty, I've wondered about this gadget, so am delighted to see a great review on it! Happy cooking!

    Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!
    Ruthi
    http://abitosunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete